Removing title bar - Linux Application

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Removing title bar - Linux Application

Postby themaker » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:31 pm

Hello all,

I'm a new on CEF and I'm having some difficulties with the implementation. I am stuck on remove the title bar from my window.

In windows version I just set the styles I want but I'm not sure how to do it on Linux.

Thank you!
themaker

Re: Removing title bar - Linux Application

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:01 pm

If you're using GTK see gtk_window_set_decorated: https://developer.gimp.org/api/2.0/gtk/ ... -decorated
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby themaker » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:50 pm

I don't think we are using GTK. Actually I'm following the CEFSIMPLE application and I'm trying to reproduce a full screen (like when you hit F11 in your browser). So I'm setting x y to the screen size and now I need to remove the title bar. I don't know if this is the simplest way to do that. I was trying to check if XLIB can change a cef browser, but didn't find anything about it. :(
themaker

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:19 pm

In that case you should consider using views. Try running cefclient with `--use-views --hide-frame` as an example, then look at the implementation of tests/cefclient/browser/views_window.cc.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby ysaliens » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:35 pm

For the cefsimple example, is using the views framework the best way to replicate the F11 full screen behavior on Linux?
ysaliens
Techie

Return to Support Forum