Problem creating template from cefsimple (Win 10, VS2015)

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Problem creating template from cefsimple (Win 10, VS2015)

Postby mbise1993 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:23 am

Hello! I'm a newbie to CEF and I'm having some trouble. I was able to generate a VS2015 solution (using the standard dist, Windows 64 bit build from http://opensource.spotify.com/cefbuilds/index.html) and everything in it builds and runs perfectly fine. So I decided to copy the cefsimple folder to a different directory to try and create a project template from it. I changed all of the build paths, include paths, and additional dependencies paths in the Project Properties page to reflect the new location. I also copied all of the resources and DLLs from the cefsimple Debug folder into my new Debug folder. The problem is that when I run the app, I get a blank window. The titlebar initially displays cefsimple, but the text quickly disappears. I was able to determine that the title string passed into the OnTitleChanged method of the SimpleHandler class is actually NULL after the window has loaded. Based on the documentation, I'm assuming that this handler is called whenever a new page is loaded, causing the title to change, which leads me to believe that something is going wrong when loading the initial page (still set to the default http://www.google.com). I also tried creating a new app from scratch using cefsimple as a reference for dependencies/settings/etc. and ran into the same issue. Can anyone help me out with this? I've messed with CefSharp and I guess it's my plan B, but I'd really like to reap the benefits of unmanaged, more platform-independent code. Let me know if you need more info or specific screenshots and I'll be happy to provide them!
mbise1993

Re: Problem creating template from cefsimple (Win 10, VS2015

Postby Czarek » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:28 am

Check debug.log file for errors.
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Return to Support Forum