cmake/osx: How to include CEF in an application?

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

cmake/osx: How to include CEF in an application?

Postby newobj » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:30 pm

Hello!

I currently have a skeletal hello world application defined using cmake. I've downloaded the CEF binary distribution for osx. I was hoping/assuming that I would be able to use CEF via add_subdirectory(<cef stuff>) and target_link_libraries(<cef stuff>) but I can't seem to make it work. I've seen various "tutorials" which are a heap of incomprehensible CMake-fu that I don't understand. I'm sorry to be so helpless, but I'm quite stumped and maybe need a tl;dr ... is CEF binary distribution modeled as a thing I can include as a static or dynamic library? is it modeled as a client that I need to add my own code into somehow? I feel like I'm going about everything with a wrong assumption. But was hoping ideally that CEF could be included trivially as a .so/.dll by my application.

Thanks,
Brian
newobj

Re: cmake/osx: How to include CEF in an application?

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:00 pm

macOS requires a valid app bundle structure so unfortunately setup is not as simple as on other platforms. I suggest you follow the model provided by https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/cef-project.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum