Performance question

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Performance question

Postby lolovo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:15 pm

Good day!

I've realized that performance (i.e. CEF speed of work) decrease with time during continuos work (i.e. continuos loading page by clicking links). It seems that memory increasing and didn't released somewhere in chromium or CEF and for cycles through big arrays of data/memory has decreasing performance.... May be it's somehow associated with VirtualFree in discardable shared memory that return error "incorrect parameter" I've described in some previous post.... and all new requests go through that big array of used/busy shared memory all the time new request is recieved.

In my case after start... all works perfect and fast.... but with time speed of work is decreasing and looks like slowmo movie)

So, I wonder what can be a problem (what should be released) if I control all visitors and all my allocations...and release them. Is it possible that CEF/chromium store all loaded pages (i.e. all resources at all - js,images etc) until some event? Is this event - browser destruction? In my case browser created once and work all time...

Thanks in advance!
lolovo
Mentor

Re: Performance question

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:23 pm

Without a specific reproduction case it's hard to provide guidance. It's possible that your memory space is becoming fragmented over time which decreases performance. Does the problem reproduce in an unmodified version of cefclient or in Google Chrome?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby lolovo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:55 pm

magreenblatt wrote:Without a specific reproduction case it's hard to provide guidance. It's possible that your memory space is becoming fragmented over time which decreases performance. Does the problem reproduce in an unmodified version of cefclient or in Google Chrome?

I don't know, due to it should open links during several hours. The only way to figure it out is modify cefclient to open some link and click one link (like "home") continuosly inside of site during hours....
lolovo
Mentor

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:59 pm

You could test this using Selenium WebDriver. It works with CEF and Chrome.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum