Build CEF with proprietary codecs /mp3 support in OSX Sierra

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Build CEF with proprietary codecs /mp3 support in OSX Sierra

Postby coder678 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:14 pm

I am trying to enable mp3 support in CEF 3.3239.1697.g4c795f5 in OSX Sierra. I typed the following sequence of commands.

set CEF_USE_GN=1
set GN_DEFINES=is_official_build=true proprietary_codecs=true ffmpeg_branding=Chrome
python /Users/myusername/Projects/cef_src/automate-git.py --download-dir=/Users/myusername/Projects/cef_src/v1 --no-release-build --x64-build

The binary was built (cefclient) but if I open html5test.com, it says mp3 is not supported.
Please help me with this issue.

Or maybe somebody can share such builds for OSX and Windows (version may be different)?

And does anybody know when there will be an official build with mp3 support?
coder678
Techie

Re: Build CEF with proprietary codecs /mp3 support in OSX Si

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:42 pm

magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby coder678 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:09 pm

I would like to get back to this issue as it is still not solved. I could build branch 3239 without any error in OSX Sierra.
Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash
export CEF_USE_GN=1
set GN_DEFINES=is_official_build=true proprietary_codecs=true ffmpeg_branding=Chrome
python ../automate/automate-git.py --download-dir=/Users/user1/code/chromium_git --depot-tools-dir=/Users/user1/code/depot_tools --x64-build --branch=3239

Then I open a website http://www.interactivepixel.net/ccAudio ... tiple.html which normally should play music straight away. It plays music when I build CEF in Windows in the same way by enabling proprietary codecs. But not in OSX. Is there anything I can do to be able to open this website as it should be?
coder678
Techie

Postby signde » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:57 pm

i was using the same GN_DEFINES on Mac OS with no success for h264 support. cef would build and i could run the client but still could not play h264 videos. treating all of the GN_DEFINES value as a string by quoting it fixed the issue for me.

update.sh
#!/bin/bash
export CEF_USE_GN=1
export GN_DEFINES="is_official_build=true proprietary_codecs=true ffmpeg_branding=Chrome"
python ../automate/automate-git.py --download-dir=/Users/user1/code/chromium_git --depot-tools-dir=/Users/user1/code/depot_tools --no-distrib --no-build --x64-build

make sure to update the download dir and depot tools directories to your specific directories

create.sh
#!/bin/bash
export CEF_USE_GN=1
export GN_DEFINES="is_official_build=true proprietary_codecs=true ffmpeg_branding=Chrome"
./cef_create_projects.sh

execute update.sh, then create.sh, then the ninja command. i knew it was working because when i ran ninja, it picked up a lot of new code to compile, the first bits of which were all ffmpeg libraries. https://html5test.com/ now shows full h264 and mp3 support and vimeo videos will play.
signde

Return to Support Forum