CefWindow and WindowDelegate

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

CefWindow and WindowDelegate

Postby rahulchavan10 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:59 am

I am using below mentioned code to create a browser window in windows 32 bit build of Cef. Please note I know this is only for mac and linux but I want same to be used o windows also. It works fine on win64 bit system but gives error on win32 bit (using along with wxWidget).
Please help me.

browser_view = CefBrowserView::CreateBrowserView(client, startup_url, settings, NULL, NULL);
// Create the Window. It will show itself after creation.
renderHandler->windowDelegate = new WindowDelegate(browser_view);
globalVariables::mainWindow = CefWindow::CreateTopLevelWindow(renderHandler->windowDelegate);
rahulchavan10
Techie

Re: CefWindow and WindowDelegate

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:38 am

Views is supported on Windows and Linux. You can review the cefsimple and cefclient applications for correct usage.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby rahulchavan10 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:20 am

:shock:
Please tell me if CefBrowserHost::CreateBrowser will work on all platforms or not?

and if yes please tell me how do I need to set minimum height and width for the browser window opening from above statement.

Also when I have initialized cef in windows using current instance of window. But when I am on mac i am not sure how to initialize cef when I don't have argc and argc with me.

Please help me in this I am stucked since many days.

Thanks in advance.
rahulchavan10
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:02 pm

rahulchavan10 wrote:Please tell me if CefBrowserHost::CreateBrowser will work on all platforms or not?

It works on all platforms.

rahulchavan10 wrote:and if yes please tell me how do I need to set minimum height and width for the browser window opening from above statement.

That depends on the platform. On Windows, for example, you handle the WM_GETMINMAXINFO message.

rahulchavan10 wrote:Also when I have initialized cef in windows using current instance of window. But when I am on mac i am not sure how to initialize cef when I don't have argc and argc with me.

Refer to the cefsimple and cefclient implementations. They work on all platforms.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum