WIN 7/8/10 Borderless window with CEF3 as child, can't resiz

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

WIN 7/8/10 Borderless window with CEF3 as child, can't resiz

Postby payalord » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:28 am

I want to use borderless window with cef browser as it's child - with be able to resize/move application window. The thing is that without cef, window resize or move works fine and it is possible to setup areas where exactly are - this resize areas on window and where move area(caption). But when cef browser covering whole client area(borders and caption too) by it's own window all messages like WM_* doesn't reach main application window. So solution was to subclass cef browser and cef browser child with proc function where WM_NCHITTEST must return HTTRANSPARENT. But the problem is WM_NCHITTEST never fires/run/reaches in that subclass functions on cef. So impossible then to return HTTRANSPARENT and handle resize and move by main application window proc function. While WM_LBUTTONUP for example works there. So I don't understand why WM_LBUTTONUP works, while WM_NCHITTEST not working in subclass of cef browser and it's childs?

Also WM_LBUTTONDOWN not work too, while WM_LBUTTONUP works.
payalord
Techie

Re: WIN 7/8/10 Borderless window with CEF3 as child, can't r

Postby Czarek » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:35 am

The cefclient example has multiple controls and embeds browser in one of child windows, have you checked its source code for reference?
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Return to Support Forum