Can't add libcef_dll_wrapper.lib to my project

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Can't add libcef_dll_wrapper.lib to my project

Postby juanfer » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:44 am

hi! i'm new in CEF and i'm trying to add CEF to my project. I have Windows 10 and i am using Visual Studio 2017.
I follow this steps:
Donwload CEF 3.3239.1723.g071d1c1 binary.
I used CMake to Configure and Generate for build the binaries.
Then i build the cef.sln with Visual Studio 2017.
So when i try to add /libcef_dll_wrapper.lib to my project appears the next sign "One or more errors have occurred. Could not add a reference to *\libcef_dll_wrapper.lib because it does not belong to a type or version that the current project can use"
Somebody could help me with that please?
juanfer

Re: Can't add libcef_dll_wrapper.lib to my project

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:47 pm

juanfer wrote:So when i try to add /libcef_dll_wrapper.lib to my project

How are you doing that? Did you build libcef_dll_wrapper.lib and place it in the required location?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby juanfer » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:31 am

magreenblatt wrote:
juanfer wrote:So when i try to add /libcef_dll_wrapper.lib to my project

How are you doing that? Did you build libcef_dll_wrapper.lib and place it in the required location?

I use the "add reference" option in the Solution Explorer. I built the cef.sln with Visual Studio and the libcef_dll_wrapper.lib file is build/libcef_dll_wrapper/debug folder, so i think i did it well. What is the required location?
Thanks
juanfer

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:10 pm

If you created cef.sln using CMake then the libcef_dll_wrapper target should already be part of the solution. In that case if you're modifying targets manually in Visual Studio you can add the libcef_dll_wrapper target as a dependency for your new target as described here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/et61xzb3.aspx. However, it's better to modify the cmake configuration files so that your target is automatically created when you re-run the cmake command. You can use the existing CMakeLists.txt files as a model for that.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum