White background that cannot be overidden

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

White background that cannot be overidden

Postby sburke » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:08 am

I'm having trouble with Chromium flashing a white screen immediately before it loads any site. The browser doesn't turn white until OnLoadingStateChange is called for the second time in ClientAdapter.cpp. At that point the screen turns white for about a second, then reverts to the actual background of the site that it is loading. I have built with the patches at https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... ith-osr-in but the problem persists. Is there a fix for this?
sburke
Mentor

Re: White background that cannot be overidden

Postby Czarek » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:32 am

Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Postby sburke » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:44 pm

For anybody else having this problem, I have overcome it in CefSharp by hiding the browser window until ClientAdapter::OnTitleChange is executed, which then calls back to a new ILoadHandler interface called "ShowBrowser". ShowBrowser then waits 100th of a millisecond and finally shows the browser. So basically I'm keeping it hidden from view until it (hopefully) gets past the white flash. It's a lot of gyrations to get past this silly issue but it seems to be working.
sburke
Mentor

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:50 pm

What CEF version are you using? Is it a windowed or OSR browser?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum