CEF Views and dialogs on Linux

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

CEF Views and dialogs on Linux

Postby Czarek » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:43 pm

I am porting PHP Desktop for Linux and I'm considering to use CEF Views for creation of main window instead of using GTK API directly. I've been testing cefclient with the --use-views flag and so far everything works good. However when running tests > dialog I see that dialogs are not implemented. I know that cefclient has default implementations for these by using GTK API, however these are not enabled when using views. Why is that? Is it much problem to enable them, as these are already implemented in cefclient? I consider using CEF views, so that I can avoid using GTK API, but seems like if I want dialogs to work I still need to implement these using GTK API directly?

Btw. I noticed an issue with draggable regions test with --use-views. Not sure if dragging the region is meant to drag the whole window, as it does, however when I browse back in navigation history the draggable region still persists and prevents pages from working correctly, can't click links etc.

Thanks for help.
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Re: CEF Views and dialogs on Linux

Postby magreenblatt » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:51 pm

The Views support offered by CEF still has some rough edges. Bug reports and PRs are welcome. Dialogs on Linux should ideally be implemented using Views (Chrome implementation) instead of GTK, but you can try using the GTK implementation in cefclient for the time being. I'm not sure how well that will work without a GTK parent window. The drag issue sounds like the region isn't being properly cleared on navigation (see CefDragHandler::OnDraggableRegionsChanged).
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: CEF Views and dialogs on Linux

Postby Czarek » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:21 am

Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Return to Support Forum