Replace binary distribution with custom build

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Re: Replace binary distribution with custom build

Postby Raphael » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:52 am

"After building both Debug and Release configurations". Alright, this seems to be the issue. There is also a quite verbose error message when I run the make_distrib.bat to create the binary distribution. I have to build both, Debug and Release version. I will try to free same space on my hard drive then :idea:
Main contributor of GazeTheWeb. Powered by CEF3 :)
Raphael

Postby Raphael » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:23 am

Thank you very much for the support. After compiling the debug version, too, the script ran sucessfully and created the binary distribution. I have been able to replace the binary distribution in our project with the one I just compiled. The project itself compiled fine, YouTube live streams work now (which did not before) :D

Minor remark: The code folder is now about 120 GB for me. I think the values in the wiki are rather outdated or at least misleading. I guess you always need a debug and release build. Not to talk about both, x86 and x64. Maybe you could adjust the space estimations for future readers. Otherwise, the wiki is really impressive, as all my questions were kind-of already answered there :?
Main contributor of GazeTheWeb. Powered by CEF3 :)
Raphael

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:24 pm

To create a proper binary distribution you will want both a Debug and Release build. For local development you can create just a Debug build and pass `--allow-partial` to the make_distrib script, or `--no-release-build` to automate-git.py.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Support Forum