CEF / CEFSharp automated build scripts and dockerfiles

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

CEF / CEFSharp automated build scripts and dockerfiles

Postby mitchc » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:14 pm

It seems that some people can run into an issue with building CEF/CEFSharp from source to competition. There are several guides but they can vary and the requirements are not always in agreement. To try and simplify the process I went ahead and put together some build scripts and dockerfiles to automate building. It can build just CEF or CEF and CEFSharp from start to finish just requiring docker. The powershell scripts could be used outside of docker as well for environment management.

It is easy to have them only build CEF as well. Using a 32 core Azure machine start to finish from a new provision is about 2.1 hours.

Hopefully these should make it easier for others to build on Windows, tweaking build flags or applying patches.

https://github.com/mitchcapper/CefSharpDockerfiles

Right now they are configured to only build release builds, but doing debug builds would be a fairly easy tweak.
mitchc

Re: CEF / CEFSharp automated build scripts and dockerfiles

Postby Hammers » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:37 pm

Hi mitchc - thanks for creating this!

Looking to enable support for MP4/H264, the build seems to get stuck at the same point so not sure if I am doing something wrong

Step 15/17 : RUN cd c:/code/depot_tools/;update_depot_tools.bat;git checkout .\cipd.ps1;update_depot_tools.bat;
---> Running in 252625a8b5d4

I have tried running in an azure instance and on my Windows 10 pro system and yields the same result - I halted the Azure instance after 24 hours (don't want to land with a big bill) - my Windows system I left running for 72hours so would assume something isn't going to plan

I left the versions file as default except for the GN flags:
$VAR_GN_DEFINES="is_official_build=true proprietary_codecs=true ffmpeg_branding=Chrome";

Hope you can help :)

Thanks
Hammers

Return to Support Forum