Crash observed in CefClient app.

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Crash observed in CefClient app.

Postby jkum » Thu May 03, 2018 11:55 am

Hi

While using latest CefClient sample application , observed a Crash triggered by DCHECK in debug mode.
So if we access Google Maps site , the client app is consistently crashing. Url :: https://www.google.com/maps

The code piece that fails the checks is in file "cef / libcef / browser / browser_host_impl.cc " line 3334 ::

I tried to debug but with only cefclient code am not able to make much out of it.

Any suggestions as to why this check is failing and if a change is required in ceflib code itself or the cefclient code are welcome.

Have Attached the verbose logs , call stack.

Thanks
Attachments
call_stack.txt
call stack with libcef debug symbols.
(10.88 KiB) Downloaded 368 times
debug.log
Verbose logs
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 383 times
jkum
Techie

Re: Crash observed in CefClient app.

Postby magreenblatt » Thu May 03, 2018 12:35 pm

Please add a bug. Include your OS and CEF version.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Crash observed in CefClient app.

Postby ndesktop » Thu May 03, 2018 1:14 pm

It's a frame id not kInvalidFrameId and not main frame id leading to a DCHECK(!frame->IsMain()); at the end of CefBrowserHostImpl::GetOrCreateFrame.

I remember seeing once this - but way back, on issue 1282 when frame id was mismatched with renderer id - but I was under debugger so not very reliable.
Q: can FrameDeleted run while some script is triggering GetOrCreateFrame? (Just asking).
ndesktop
Master

Return to Support Forum