frame->GetURL() is empty for popup in OnContextCreated()

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

frame->GetURL() is empty for popup in OnContextCreated()

Postby ananyo2012 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:57 am

Hi,
I am trying to solve the issue as mentioned in https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... d-override .

Explaining the Scenario again:

CEF branch 3325. Running the cefclient with --no-sandbox --renderer-startup-dialog flags.

Open a popup window from cefclient. Check the result of frame->GetURL() in ClientRenderDelegate::OnContextCreated() which is inherited from the CefRenderProcessHandler class

The expected output should be the url of the popup window. But empty string was seen.

I want to get the url of the popup in the render process since there is some business logic using the url. Previously there was OnBeforeNavigation() method where we could get the url from the request parameter. But it has been removed since this version.

I tried to find the place where frame of the popup is being assigned with the url but couldn't exactly find the place. Which is the method where the url is being assigned to the popup ? Is there some way to get the url in the render process ?

Or Is this issue fixed in any later versions ?

Thank You
ananyo2012
Techie

Re: frame->GetURL() is empty for popup in OnContextCreated()

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:46 pm

The issue is now fixed.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum