Make distribution v118 fails branch 5993

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Make distribution v118 fails branch 5993

Postby miro » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:54 pm

Hi
after trying to solve this several days without success i need some help now.
I downloaded the branch 5993 to build the v118 CEF and update our current CEF dll's etc. but it fails at end of the build process.
HINT: not all steps are unsuccessful, download and creating solutions and cefsimple are ok, and cefsimple works as expected and load the new version 118.
Previous versions of Visual Studio were installed on this PC, I uninstalled them so that the build process would not be confused.
The first problem i have is by creating distribution, after a while i get warnings in output:
Code: Select all
C:/cef_builder_scripts/cef/chromium/src/cef/include/wrapper/cef_closure_task.h:55: warning: explicit link request to 'include' could not be resolved
C:/cef_builder_scripts/cef/chromium/src/cef/include/wrapper/cef_closure_task.h:56: warning: explicit link request to 'include' could not be resolved
C:/cef_builder_scripts/cef/chromium/src/cef/include/wrapper/cef_library_loader.h:68: warning: explicit link request to 'include' could not be resolved
C:/cef_builder_scripts/cef/chromium/src/cef/include/wrapper/cef_library_loader.h:83: warning: explicit link request to 'include' could not be resolved
C:/cef_builder_scripts/cef/chromium/src/cef/include/wrapper/cef_library_loader.h:84: warning: explicit link request to 'include' could not be resolved
C:/cef_builder_scripts/cef/chromium/src/cef/include/base/cef_callback_helpers.h:98: warning: Unsupported xml/html tag <typename> found

and than the next step creating binaries was unsuccessful with an error, im unsure if i should create separated posts for the above and bottom issue:
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:143 (project):
  No CMAKE_C_COMPILER could be found.
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:143 (project):
  No CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER could be found.

We use VS2022 and Win10, here are the GN Defines
GN Defines: is_official_build=false proprietary_codecs=true ffmpeg_branding=Chrome enable_precompiled_headers=false use_thin_lto=false is_component_build=true
GN Args: --ide=vs2022 --sln=cef --filters=//cef/*
python3 automate-git.py --download-dir=C:\cef_builder_scripts\cef --branch=5993 --no-distrib --no-build --force-clean --force-clean-deps --force-update --with-pgo-profiles

Our last update was on v112 with Visual Studio 2019 without any issues, now we want to move to VS2022 and this occurs and we are not able to create CEF with VS22.

Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance
miro
miro
Techie

Re: Make distribution v118 fails branch 5993

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:41 pm

For distributable builds you should follow the instructions at https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... igurations
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby miro » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:34 am

Hello,
thank you for your hint with the distributable builds, i checked the python script etc. to get more insight for this step which is always working.
I found that this output comes from the Oxygen Tool which is responsible to create help files, and they collect data from the source files etc.
and sometimes if they cant find includes or something else he raised errors or warnings.
Can you confirm this?

I will not follow this warnings anymore because i dont think they have any impact to the binaries created, since the libcef.dll included in the example project works as expected.
If i need more about this i will get directly to the Oxygen page there exist already similar questions.

thanks
miro
miro
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:36 am

I found that this output comes from the Oxygen Tool which is responsible to create help files, and they collect data from the source files etc.
and sometimes if they cant find includes or something else he raised errors or warnings.
Can you confirm this?

Warnings from the doxygen tool can be safely ignored.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum