HandleTooltip() gets fired on every mouse move

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

HandleTooltip() gets fired on every mouse move

Postby dreijer » Thu May 12, 2011 10:14 am

I'm using CEF in off-screen mode and am trying to show tooltips. I'm returning RV_HANDLED from HandleTooltip() to tell CEF that I'm displaying the tooltip myself. However, it looks like CEF is calling HandleTooltip() every time I move my mouse -- and most of the time with an empty string.

Shouldn't HandleTooltip() only be called once when a tooltip should be displayed, and a second time with an empty text string when it should be hidden?
dreijer
Expert

Re: HandleTooltip() gets fired on every mouse move

Postby magreenblatt » Thu May 12, 2011 10:21 am

Shouldn't HandleTooltip() only be called once when a tooltip should be displayed, and a second time with an empty text string when it should be hidden?

The current way it behaves is how the notifications are delivered to CEF from the Chromium WebKit later. So to implement what you describe we'd need to track the tooltip state for each browser instance inside CEF.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby dreijer » Thu May 12, 2011 10:34 am

I see. Do you want me to open a ticket for improving this behavior?
dreijer
Expert

Postby magreenblatt » Thu May 12, 2011 10:50 am

dreijer wrote:I see. Do you want me to open a ticket for improving this behavior?

Sure.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby dreijer » Thu May 12, 2011 12:33 pm

dreijer
Expert

Postby meanujtiwari » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:17 pm

I am facing a problem with the tooltip movement with the mouse movement. In my case when i hover the mouse on one record, tooltip gets displayed successfully but when i move the to other records the tool tip text gets updated successfully but tooltip doesn't change the position with the mouse rather it sticks to the first position. Can anyone please help me to resolve this issue. I have written the C# wrapper for the CEF in my code and overridden the OnMouseMove event.
meanujtiwari

Return to Support Forum