ChromiumFX - New .NET bindings for CEF

Built a cool app using CEF that you'd like to share with the community? Talk about it here.

Re: ChromiumFX - New .NET bindings for CEF

Postby wborgsm » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:47 am

Hi,
regarding Mono at Linux, there is some work in progress and a prototype:
https://bitbucket.org/chromiumfx/chromi ... no-support

The core CEF wrapper (ChromiumFX.dll) works but without the remote layer. The webbrowser control implementation (ChromiumWebBrowser.dll) doesn't work.

It's far away from "supports Linux", and I won't be able to work on this anytime soon.

Regarding transparency, I never tried. But whatever you can accomplish with native CEF, you should be able to do with ChromiumFX as well.
wborgsm
Techie

Postby sam007 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:05 am

Is it possible to use ChromiumFX inside an App Domain? For example, if I click on a button in Excel ribbon and open a WebForm, can I display ChromiumFX inside that WebForm?
sam007
Techie

Postby wborgsm » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:00 am

Hi,

thanks for your feedback. You can find a prototype of a windowless browser for mono at linux in the project. It kind of works for the cef wrapper classes - however no webbrowser control, no remote layer (CEF internal RPC should work though). And I won't be able to work on that anytime soon so if you want to give it a try, you are basically on your own. You can find some discussion about it in the project issues.

EDIT: Ops, looks like I just responded (again) an old question :)
wborgsm
Techie

Postby wborgsm » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:07 am

sam007 wrote:Is it possible to use ChromiumFX inside an App Domain? For example, if I click on a button in Excel ribbon and open a WebForm, can I display ChromiumFX inside that WebForm?

Running ChromiumFX inside an App Domain should work. Probably you need a dedicated executable assembly for secondary processes.
wborgsm
Techie

Postby krptodr » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:06 pm

wborgsm wrote:
sam007 wrote:Is it possible to use ChromiumFX inside an App Domain? For example, if I click on a button in Excel ribbon and open a WebForm, can I display ChromiumFX inside that WebForm?

Running ChromiumFX inside an App Domain should work. Probably you need a dedicated executable assembly for secondary processes.

Can you explain what you mean "Probably you need a dedicated executable assembly for secondary processes"?

I ask, because my goal is to use CEF inside of an outlook add-in, and then I stumbled across ChromiumFX which seems, ideal, but honestly the documentation does not help with that determination at all.
krptodr

Postby ndesktop » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:11 am

I suppose you want to embed a browser in an Outlook form/region or so.
Technically I think it might be possible, but it will be far more harder than IWebBrowser2.

Also, you are hosted inside another executable, and the Outlook message loop and STA requirements are quite a pain in the ass anyways.
I don't know if you can run an Outlook add-in as a separate executable.

A (crazy?) idea might be to run your exe in OSR mode, and have the add-in dll acting as proxy (drawing the OSR bitmap inside the form region).
ndesktop
Master

Postby raj3690 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:29 am

Hi Everyone,

Looks like bitbucket is no longer available. we are using in our product and completely blocked on this. Is this migrated to some other open source.
Could someone please provide valid details where I can get these sources?

https://bitbucket.org/chromiumfx/chromiumfx
https://bitbucket.org/chromiumfx/chromiumfx/wiki/Home

Thanks
Brahma
raj3690

Previous

Return to Apps Discussion