CEF powered LIVEditor's live html/css/js editing features

Built a cool app using CEF that you'd like to share with the community? Talk about it here.

CEF powered LIVEditor's live html/css/js editing features

Postby edwinyzh » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi Marshall,

I'd like to show you LIVEditor - my new text editor for editing html/css/js lively.

The html preview function is not possible without Chromium Embedded Framework.

Credit is given here: http://liveditor.com/credits.html

Thanks!
edwinyzh
Techie

Re: CEF powered LIVEditor's live html/css/js editing features

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:46 pm

Cool, thanks for sharing! :-)
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby fddima » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Great video demo!

Nothing special for 2012 year, but looks like really working solution. ;) Great. :)
fddima
Master

Postby edwinyzh » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:11 am

fddima wrote:Great video demo!

Nothing special for 2012 year, but looks like really working solution. ;) Great. :)

Thanks fddima :) I think it's special - as far as I know no other code editor allows you tweaking css styles in a way similar to Firebug's html inspector, you know, if you use Firebug or the likes, you'll have to manually copy the changes back to your source files. Please let me know if I'm wrong :)
edwinyzh
Techie

Postby fddima » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:00 am

edwinyzh wrote:
fddima wrote:Great video demo!

Thanks fddima :) I think it's special - as far as I know no other code editor allows you tweaking css styles in a way similar to Firebug's html inspector, you know, if you use Firebug or the likes, you'll have to manually copy the changes back to your source files. Please let me know if I'm wrong :)

Don't worry man, you are right. Nothing special - it is just nothing special, but main message of my post is looks like really working solution. It is much more important. It is like CEF has some negatives, but it is really working solution, for you, for me, and many others.

PS: About manually copy changes back - it is very good, that you trying avoid of this. But, think about less css - i some time ago using similar less subset and many html-templated code, i.e. - i doesn't have direct files at all for editing.
But if you can build diff of maden changes in loaded css/html documents - may be it can simplify 'manually copy changes back' process. Just idea.
fddima
Master

Postby edwinyzh » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:26 am

@fddima,

I really appreciate your input! Actually I'm quite new to the web front end development field. :D
edwinyzh
Techie

Return to Apps Discussion