CefGlue crashes when using custom build of CEF

Having problems with building or using the CefGlue .NET/Mono binding? Ask your questions here.

Moderator: fddima

CefGlue crashes when using custom build of CEF

Postby AnkiManki » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:18 am

I was following this guide: https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... ckStart.md to build CEF with h.264 support.
Everything when smoothly.
If I go to this folder: C:\code\chromium_git\chromium\src\out\Release_GN_x64 I can run the cefclient.exe and everything works.

I have also downloaded same version of CefGlue (I know that CEF and CefGlue needs to be the same version).
In the cefglue-5195\CefGlue.Demo.WinForms\bin\Release\net5.0-windows folder I have copied all this files from the Release_GN_x64 directory.

Screenshot (85).jpg
Screenshot (85).jpg (66.53 KiB) Viewed 58084 times

When I run the CefGlue WinForms project its shows the browservery briefly and it shuts down with this message: The program '[16136] Xilium.CefGlue.Demo.WinForms.exe' has exited with code 2147483651 (0x80000003).

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. If I download cef binary and copy the same files it works, but files that are build following the tutorial are not working.

I am using: cef_binary_105.3.39+g2ec21f9+chromium-105.0.5195.127_windows64 and CefGlue branch 5195.
AnkiManki

Re: CefGlue crashes when using custom build of CEF

Postby AnkiManki » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:41 am

I have solved it.
For future reference if someone wants to include CEF framework with h.264 support in CefGlue the important steps are as follow:
Follow the steps from here: https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... ckStart.md

When you reach step 6 create the update.bat like this:

Code: Select all
set CEF_USE_GN=1
set GN_DEFINES=is_component_build=false is_official_build=true proprietary_codecs=true ffmpeg_branding=Chrome
set GN_ARGUMENTS=--ide=vs2022 --sln=cef --filters=//cef/*
python ..\automate\automate-git.py --download-dir=D:\code\chromium_git --branch=5195 --depot-tools-dir=D:\code\depot_tools --no-distrib --no-build

Step 7, create create.bat like this:

set CEF_USE_GN=1
set GN_DEFINES=is_component_build=false is_official_build=true proprietary_codecs=true ffmpeg_branding=Chrome
set GN_ARGUMENTS=--ide=vs2019 --sln=cef --filters=//cef/*
call cef_create_projects.bat

Step 8:

ninja -C out\Release_GN_x64 cef

After all is done go to this folder: D:\code\chromium_git\chromium\src\out\Release_GN_x64 and copy following files:

Screenshot (98).jpg
Screenshot (98).jpg (24.89 KiB) Viewed 57974 times

to here: D:\cefglue-5195\CefGlue.Demo.WinForms\bin\Release\net5.0-windows

After just run the CefGlue winForms demo and you can play mp4 videos in browser.
AnkiManki

Return to CefGlue Forum