CefRenderProcessHandler methods not called

Having problems with building or using the CefGlue .NET/Mono binding? Ask your questions here.

Moderator: fddima

CefRenderProcessHandler methods not called

Postby naxma » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:31 am

Hi,

I'm using CefGlue version 78.2.14.0. I need to hook into when input gets focus to display OSD keyboard. For that I implemented CefRenderProcessHandler and OnFocusedNodeChanged. I return the instance in custom class of CefApp::GetRenderProcessHandler. However, GetRenderProcessHandler is never been called. CefApp::OnBeforeCommandLineProcessing IS called.

What's wrong here?

Markus
naxma

Re: CefRenderProcessHandler methods not called

Postby vmas » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:31 pm

The GetRenderProcessHandler callback will be called on the render process main thread.
Maintainer of the CefNet project.
vmas
Techie

Postby naxma » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:20 pm

I know that. But anyways it did not get called. Does it need to be registered somewhere else?
naxma

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:57 pm

How are you testing if GetRenderProcessHandler is called? As mentioned above, it will only be called in the render process.

I don’t know the details of CefGlue, but in general the CefApp that implements GetRenderProcessHandler needs to be passed to the CefExecuteProcess function.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby naxma » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:17 pm

I added logging and set breakpoints. But they do not get caught nor does my logs have entrys. I do provide my custom CefApp to ExecuteProcesd. Any thoughts?
naxma

Postby naxma » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:04 am

Ok, now I understand what you write. It's the background process where it gets called. So when I want to hook up into OnFocusedNodeChanged I need to add inter process communication to get my keyboard displayed in my main GUI thread, right?
naxma

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:37 am

naxma wrote:Ok, now I understand what you write. It's the background process where it gets called. So when I want to hook up into OnFocusedNodeChanged I need to add inter process communication to get my keyboard displayed in my main GUI thread, right?

Probably yes.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to CefGlue Forum