32-bit JCEF distribution?

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

Re: 32-bit JCEF distribution?

Postby AndoniV » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:54 pm

Thanks for your response!

It was:
[ERRNO 2] No such file or directory: tools/gyp_cef

Now, as I noticed the last changes on the java-cef repository I started all over again, now when I run step 5 (download third-party dependencies) it finishes off with this error:

Error: Command git -c core.deltaBaseCacheLimit=512m fetch origin returned non-zero exit status 128 in C:\java-cef\src
Warnings:
Conflicting directory C:\java-cef\src moved to C:\java-cef\_bad_scm\srcqrveii.

I really don't know how to proceed with thise, I really appreciate your help
AndoniV

Postby Krzysieq » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:01 am

I had to start all over again yesterday, when the repo moved over to git. But it all kinda worked. Problem we're fighting with (previously gawadam who I work with) is building the 32-bit binaries. I went through all the pain of getting the visual studio to target xp (VS2013 with 120_xp toolset), but no joy - the binaries built correctly but the error with not being able to spawn child process persists. I noticed however, that double clicking the jcef_helper.exe file on the windows xp box we use for testing yields an error message: jcef_helper.exe is not a valid Win32 application. I don't see this message when I double click the exe file on the Win7 box that was used to build the binaries. So my only conclusion is that there's still a place I must've missed where we need to change from win64 to win32 settings. Any hints anyone?
Krzysieq

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:57 am

AndoniV wrote:when I run step 5 (download third-party dependencies) it finishes off with this error:

Error: Command git -c core.deltaBaseCacheLimit=512m fetch origin returned non-zero exit status 128 in C:\java-cef\src

What was the output immediately before this error message?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby gawadam » Thu May 07, 2015 3:19 am

Hi All,

In our company we're pretty much set on adopting Chromium, but (like Krzysieq mentioned previously) we're unable to get it working on 32 bit - which is pretty much the requirement :(

The setup we've got available is Win7 64bit, VS2010 and VS2013. We've tried building the solution for 32bit in VS2013 Windows XP compatibility mode (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/ ... -2012.aspx) but this is still failing.

Has anyone managed to build JCEF for 32bit that works? If so, what's the setup you followed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, we've already spent weeks of banging our heads against the wall. The error we're getting is 'Unable to start child process' - screenshot is on the previous page.
gawadam

Postby pavana » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:04 pm

Hi there,

I have built JCEF DLLs for Win XP 32 bit and compiled the JAVA source with 32 bit Java 1.7 SDK. I was able to get the browser working in my JAVA application. My environment details are given below -

- OS = Win XP 32 bit (it's a VM actually)
- IDE = Eclipse Luna Win 32
- JAVA = jre-7u79-windows-i586

I have uploaded the 7z file containing the DLLs (7z archive has bunch of other stuff, not sure if it is needed) here - https://goo.gl/kdPfxk

Download and try it and let me know how it goes.

I spent a lot of time to get mine working. Build was not easy :-).
pavana

Previous

Return to JCEF Forum