JCEF Multi-browser focus race condition

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

JCEF Multi-browser focus race condition

Postby Zerberbuth » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:18 am

Hello,

I have modified the simple demo application contained within the JCEF distribution 1750.1738.91 (x64) for Windows in order to try out having multiple browsers in the same container, but in separate JPanels (which is the way I will use them in my application).

I am getting an intermittent problem (about 50% reproducibility rate) which appears to be race condition where each browser (there are two of them) are constantly stealing focus from each other. With both browsers open to google.com, I see the caret in the google search box switch between both of them as fast as the CPU will allow it, essentially blocking the application from doing anything else.

Note that this does not seem to happen if both browsers are part of the same JPanel.

I am running on Windows 7 (x64) with Java 1.7.0u51.

I have attached the simple MainFrame.java test class (zipped) in order to aid in reproducing the issue. Simply download the jcef distro, replace MainFrame with attached one, compile and run the application a few times and the issue should rise after a few attempts.

I have not yet entered an issue, but I can do so if requested upon confirmation that there is actually a bug.
Attachments
MainFrame.zip
Simple test application with two browsers.
(2.68 KiB) Downloaded 594 times
Zerberbuth

Re: JCEF Multi-browser focus race condition

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:50 am

Please add an issue to the JCEF issue tracker.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: JCEF Multi-browser focus race condition

Postby Zerberbuth » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:14 pm

Done, issue #96 created. Please ask if you need anything else.
Zerberbuth

Return to JCEF Forum