Manual Build for 32 bit

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

Manual Build for 32 bit

Postby relson12 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:05 am

I'm trying to build a 32 bit binary. I am following the manual downloading instructions.
However, after I've successfully cloned the JCEF using git, the next step is to configure the gclient to download third party dependencies. You have the path set to java-cef so I'm wondering how gclient can be run if it is located outside of the java-cef folder and is listed in the depot tools folder? The cloning of java-cef placed the folder within my depot tools folder. I receive an error saying that gclient was not found when I mirror that path and if I run it with the depot tools path,
nothing happens. I did successfully complete this build in the past so I'm wondering if perhaps you could point me to where my mistake is?
relson12
Techie

Re: Manual Build for 32 bit

Postby magreenblatt » Thu May 28, 2015 8:46 am

The depot_tools and java-cef folders should be separate. For example, c:\code\depot_tools and c:\code\java-cef. You then add the depot_tools folder to your PATH.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby relson12 » Thu May 28, 2015 9:51 am

Thanks, it ended up being a simple syntax error in my environmental variable path. However, when I go to build the three projects in Visual Studio 2012, third party, and jcef_helper are building correctly, but jcef is not. I'm seeing the following 5 errors that I've attached a screenshot of.
Attachments
vs_errors.jpg
vs_errors.jpg (106.66 KiB) Viewed 18747 times
relson12
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Thu May 28, 2015 10:11 am

You're probably using the wrong version of CEF. See the README.jcef file for the correct version.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby relson12 » Fri May 29, 2015 11:01 am

Thanks! My only issue now is during the building of the J-cef.sln, the jcef_version.h file is missing and when I run the make_version.py or bat, it will not generate it. The gclient runhooks command should have generated it then correct?
relson12
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Fri May 29, 2015 11:45 am

relson12 wrote:The gclient runhooks command should have generated it then correct?

Correct. Is it outputting any errors?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby relson12 » Fri May 29, 2015 11:58 am

Yes actually it is returning:

ImportError: No module named gyp
Error: Command C:\Users\relson\Desktop\depot_tools\python276_bin\python.exe src/tools/gyp_jcef src /jcef.gyp -I src/jcef.gypi returned non-zero exit status 1 in C:\java-cef
relson12
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Fri May 29, 2015 4:06 pm

Did you run 'gclient sync'?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby relson12 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:19 am

Yes, I did run sync in the beginning as specified. I have a few questions though. Once I execute gclient runhooks, it builds the jcef sln. I noticed that when I first cloned javacef, it created duplicates of the build,java,native,third_party, and tools folders within the first src folder. Was this supposed to happen? I also noticed that when I first extracted the cef archive, it imported the project and sln files for cef client, and after running runhooks, it created a second set of project files and sln for cef client. Should I be running the first or second regarding the build of cef client? Javacef won't build correctly because it complains about the libraries for libcef and libcef.dll not being found. They are currently located within the win32 folder under third_party/cef,include, and third_party/cef/libcef_dll. Right now, I have the javacef.sln and build files outside of the win32 folder that you instructed on extracting cef to. How should I go about getting the libraries to be found by javacef?

Thanks for your assistance Marshall!
relson12
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:24 pm

Sounds like your directory structure might be wrong. This is what it should look like:

Code: Select all
java-cef/
  .git/
  .gclient
  src/
    build/
    java/
    native/
    third_party/
    tools/
    jcef.gyp
    jcef.sln

Run gclient from the top-level java-cef directory.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Next

Return to JCEF Forum