ImportError: No module named gyp_jcef

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

Postby ajith » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:02 am

Hi

I am trying to compile JCEF for win32 and following "https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/java-cef/wiki/BranchesAndBuilding".
I faced some problem with step 4 "gclient sync --jobs 8 --force --nohooks" (since the repository was moved from svn), but resolved this by manually downloading gyp, psyco_win32 & python_26 from "https://chromium.googlesource.com/". After this I was able to move smoothly over step 5 and 6.
set GYP_GENERATORS=msvs
set GYP_DEFINES=jcef_platform=win32 jdk_directory="C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_45"

Again in step 7, I got stuck in "gclient runhooks" and I am getting the below error. Can someone help me to find the issue, am I missing something? I am having visual studio 2012 installed.

________ running 'C:\depot_tools\depot_tools\python276_bin\python.exe src/tools/gyp_jcef src/jcef.gyp -I src/jcef.gypi' in 'C:\Users\ajith_joseph01\Downloads\jcef_compile\java-cef'
Enabled Psyco JIT.
Generating JCEF version header file...
________ running 'C:\depot_tools\depot_tools\python276_bin\python.exe tools/make_version_header.py --header native/jcef_version.h' in 'C:\Users\ajith_joseph01\Downloads\jcef_compile\java-cef\src'
File native/jcef_version.h is already up to date.
Updating projects from gyp files...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "C:\depot_tools\depot_tools\python276_bin\lib\multiprocessing\forking.py", line 380, in main
prepare(preparation_data)
File "C:\depot_tools\depot_tools\python276_bin\lib\multiprocessing\forking.py", line 489, in prepare
file, path_name, etc = imp.find_module(main_name, dirs)
ajith

Re: ImportError: No module named gyp_jcef

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:12 am

The BranchesAndBuilding instructions were updated a few days ago and the process has changed. You should start over clean and follow the updated instructions.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby relson12 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:20 am

Skip this section:
-3\. Clone the JCEF respository.-cd /path/to/ -git clone https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/java-cef.git

Instead, create a folder called java-cef then open command line, set the directory to where you created your folder, and run

gclient config --unmanaged --name=src https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/java-cef.git

After that, just keep following the instructions, and you should be in good shape.
relson12
Techie

Postby ajith » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:19 am

Thanks for the valuable comments, it worked!! :)

But now I am facing multiple compilation error like
* /third_party/cef/win32/cefclient/resources/win/cefclient.exe.manifest : general error c1010070: Failed to load and parse the manifest. The system cannot find the path specified.
* native\CefCookieManager_N.cpp(18): error C2660: 'CefCookieManager::GetGlobalManager' : function does not take 1 arguments"

Not sure if its the problem with visual studio 2012 that I am using. I am trying to install 2013 and check. Will update on this soon.
ajith

Postby relson12 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:00 am

You can either use Visual Studio 2010 or 2012. I have got the project to build in both. You said that you are building with 2012? Is this after updating the project files? Personally, I skipped past that prompt to update and they all built.
relson12
Techie

Postby ajith » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:37 am

Yes, I am using VS 2012 to build the project.
After running the 7th step "gclient runhooks" successfully, I went to the Manual building section and as mentioned in step 1 I opened java-cef\src\jcef.sln and tried to build.
The build failed for both jcef and jcef_helper project (project settings: Auto, Release, Win32). Please refer to error_log.txt.

"Is this after updating the project files" I didnt understand what exactly you are asking :(. I am following the steps mentioned in https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/java-cef/wiki/BranchesAndBuilding as is.
Attachments
error_log.txt
Failed build log
(35.14 KiB) Downloaded 762 times
ajith

Postby relson12 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:05 am

Once you first open the project in Visual Studio, a window pops up prompting you to update the C++ files because they are setup for Visual Studio 2010. Ignore that instead of updating. What version of CEF3 are you using? You can find it by navigating to \src\third_party\cef\win32. It is the README.txt file.
relson12
Techie

Postby ajith » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:49 am

When I opened the jcef.sln didn't get any popup asking for updating the files (using VS 2012 ultimate).
PSB the extract from \src\third_party\cef\win32\README.txt.
CEF Version: 3.2171.1902
Chromium Verison: 39.0.2171.36
ajith

Postby relson12 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:07 am

Interesting, how did you get that version of JCEF? I just downloaded it using the new instructions and it setup my directory for Version: 3.2357.1276 Marshall suggested using
the CEF3 branch 3.2357.1280 alongside it to enable Windows32 compatibility.
relson12
Techie

Return to JCEF Forum