Web Plugins not loading

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

Web Plugins not loading

Postby MicroHat » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:36 pm

They worked before but now plugins aren't loading, I ran the detailed test and was able to catch an error, what can I do to fix this or should this be posted as an issue? Seems like it's part of the JNI code

Stacktrace:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.cef.network.CefWebPluginManager_N.N_VisitPlugins(Lorg/cef/callback/CefWebPluginInfoVisitor;)V
at org.cef.network.CefWebPluginManager_N.N_VisitPlugins(Native Method)
at org.cef.network.CefWebPluginManager_N.visitPlugins(CefWebPluginManager_N.java:39)

Picture:

When trying to use a plugin such as flash I get the following
MicroHat
Techie

Re: Web Plugins not loading

Postby MicroHat » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:54 am

No answers? So I guess plugins don't work anymore?
MicroHat
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:24 pm

There should be no UnsatisfiedLinkErrors. What JCEF version are you using? How did you build it?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby MicroHat » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:45 pm

As you can see in the picture
JCEF version : 3.2357.116
CEF version : 3.2357.1276

But since its only me I will try to rebuild the jcef jar

edit:
Facing the same issue, downloaded the project from bitbucket git, then compiled and ran the detailed test. I did not edit the CEF project, seems like when I try to open cookie manager or web plugin manager the browser crashes, when trying to view a video on youtube I get the error described in the OP. Could you confirm with the above version?
MicroHat
Techie

Postby MicroHat » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:14 pm

I completely rebuilded the project and everything seems working good now except the application freezes when trying to open cookie manager or webplugin manager from the detailed test, same version as above. I'm not getting java.lang.Unsatisfiedlinkerrors anymore but the application just freezes, when I go to http://detectmybrowser.com/ the Flash Plugin also stays red. Is there something wrong with the latest version?

edit:

The PluginTableModel after visitPlugins(PluginTableModel) contains
rows: 0
columns: 5

The CookieManager seems to be fixed after browsing a couple of pages, then opening the CookieManager
MicroHat
Techie

Postby MicroHat » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:11 am

Hello,

Still don't got the plugins to work, I tried doing
Code: Select all
pluginManager.addPluginDirectory("C:\\Windows\\System32\\Macromed\\Flash");
but nothing seems to work? I don't get any errors at all but none of the plugins show just like in the screenshot in OP. Is there some kind of setting or something for plugins or how do they get loaded? Still using the same version
MicroHat
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:02 pm

CEF 2357 branch does not support NPAPI by default. See viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13009.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby MicroHat » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:43 am

Thanks for the post, thought it had something to do with Chrome dropping java and switching to Pepper. Now atleast I know what's wrong. Thank you. Any chance in the future all plugins will be fixed?
MicroHat
Techie

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:12 am

MicroHat wrote:Any chance in the future all plugins will be fixed?

What do you mean by "all plugins"? You should be able to use Flash currently as described in the above linked thread.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby MicroHat » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:17 am

magreenblatt wrote:
MicroHat wrote:Any chance in the future all plugins will be fixed?

What do you mean by "all plugins"? You should be able to use Flash currently as described in the above linked thread.

What I meant by "all plugins" are plugins such as VLC, PDF & Silverlight which used to work in previous branches
MicroHat
Techie

Next

Return to JCEF Forum