Browser doesn't paint

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

Browser doesn't paint

Postby jeff6times7 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:09 pm

When I build the test application (tests.detailed) it displays content in the way I would expect when I open the app.

I then replace my project's source with the test application, I build it, and I copy (see script below) the previously built test app's files to my the test application.

When I open the app, it displays a white component. But when I move my mouse to the center of the component (which is supposed to have the google home page rendered) and press the mouse and then move the mouse, the "Google" logo is displayed as a drag component.

The app is clearly working only partially.

What kind of thing might be causing this problem?

The build.xml file for my app is extremely close to the one for the jcef test app. I'm using the same version of AppBundler.

All I can think of is that some part of the cef app is dying but I don't see any evidence of that kind of thing happening. At the very least, I don't know what to look for.

Below is the shell script that I'm executing to copy the jcef test app's files to my app. If I don't run the script, then the app won't run. If I do run it, then the app will run but it renders a white component.

$ cat bin/jcefcp
#!/bin/sh

set -x

jceftop="$HOME/jcef/src/jcef_build/native/Release/jcef_app.app/Contents"
mytop="REDACTED.app/Contents"

if [ ! -d "$jceftop" ]; then
echo "no jceftop"
exit 1
fi

if [ ! -d "$mytop" ]; then
echo "no mytop"
exit 1
fi

rm -fr "$mytop/Frameworks"
cp -pr "$jceftop/Frameworks" "$mytop"
cp -pr "$jceftop/Java"/* "$mytop/Java"
cp -pr "$jceftop/Resources"/* "$mytop/Resources"
jeff6times7

Re: Browser doesn't paint

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:34 pm

Seeing mouse cursor changes but no display usually means a GPU process or OSR rendering issue. Are you using windowed or OSR mode? Do your Info.plist files match the CEF/JCEF examples?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to JCEF Forum