Trouble getting started

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

Trouble getting started

Postby cilution » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:43 pm

I've successfully built a binary distribution and included it in a Java project for testing. All of the files are included, but when I run a sample application, my JFrame window stalls and this appears in the logs:

Code: Select all
[0812/163608.760:ERROR:service_manager_context.cc(258)] Attempting to run unsupported native service: C:\...\lib\jcef\content_renderer.service.exe
[0812/163608.761:ERROR:service_manager_context.cc(258)] Attempting to run unsupported native service: C:\...\lib\jcef\content_renderer.service.exe

This content_renderer.service.exe appears to be missing (it isn't in the win64 build directory with everything else that was copied over for the Java project), but the application seems to need it or be configured to look for it. Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem here is?
cilution

Re: Trouble getting started

Postby cilution » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:20 pm

It looks like adding v8_context_snapshot.bin resolved this. I initially added only the files that were mentioned as being required in the document I read, but perhaps that was a bit out of date.
cilution

Re: Trouble getting started

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:59 am

You should look at the README included with the binary distribution.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to JCEF Forum