Correct way to close JCEF browser

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

Correct way to close JCEF browser

Postby hibra » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:20 am

Hello,

I have added jcef libraries to my desktop application in order to be able to integrate some interesting javascript libraries that will be displayed in some jframe,jdialog windows. I have created an abstract jcef panel that should be extended for each new js library.
The problem I'm facing is that when I close the window of this library, something went wrong and either the whole application is blocked or when I want to reopen the same window, that should use jcef and display the output of the js library, I cannot get the focus to its content, so it stays blocked.
By debugging I found that the process related to jcef is not well closed. What is the right way to close it safely.

Any ideas! or if the problem description is not clear for you ask me please which point is not clear for you so I can clarify it, we need your help :)

Best,
hibra
Techie

Re: Correct way to close JCEF browser

Postby Czarek » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:32 am

Take a look at sample applications in java/tests/ . You can close browser either explicitilly by calling CloseBrowser or by destroying the window in which browser was embedded.
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Return to JCEF Forum