Client certificate selection

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

Client certificate selection

Postby MatheusCamargo » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:28 pm

I have a project using JCEF that needs to handle client certificates, allowing the user to pick one from the OS store. JCEF currently chooses the first one by itself, but I would like more something like Chrome's pop-up that demands the user to select one from the OS certificate store.

From older resolved issues (this link), I've found that the event OnSelectClientCertificate would help on this matter, but it's available only in CEF, being nonexistent on java-CEF.

There is already a pull-request of this feature in the official repository. Will this feature eventually be added to the main branch? Is this the correct approach, or are there other means?
MatheusCamargo

Re: Client certificate selection

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:08 pm

That PR looks like a good start. I have not reviewed or tested it, but you can.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby Strela9 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:28 am

Has this project evolved since then? Because it really sounds interesting.
Strela9

Postby Agamemnon » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:56 am

By when do you think this pull request would be intégrated in java-cef, please ?

We are making developements that requires TLS/PCT connection using Server Certificate validation and Client Certificate authentication.

Devs on Windows CEF-Sharp have been completed for a while. But we are still blocked on Linux and MacOS due to this difference between java-CEF and CEF-Sharp.
Agamemnon

Postby MatheusCamargo » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:16 pm

I'm currently testing and reviewing this PR. By the next month I should update the pull request and then it will be up to magreenblatt approve.
MatheusCamargo

Return to JCEF Forum