JCEF with Adobe Flash Player

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

JCEF with Adobe Flash Player

Postby Phylanx » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:35 am

Hi!

We recently started upgrading our jcef version from 3325 to 4147 and have problems enabling flash features per default.
We found following Forum Thread for this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17068

We tried applying the changes described on second page but nothing in that direction works.
Can somebody push me in the right direction to a solution?

Yours sincerly
Phylanx

PS: We already added following parameters to the CefApp initializing (was working with 2704 and 3325):
"--allow-outdated-plugins"
"--ppapi-flash-path=" + path to a pepflashplayer.dll with version 32

Can we somehow set the preference more directly?
How would the change look like in the current jcef code?

//EDIT:
We are aware of the deprecation of the Flash Player but some departments in our company are currently upgrading from flash to html5.
But we still have to support these features for our customer (which also have 2 years upgrading of delay).
Phylanx
Expert

Re: JCEF with Adobe Flash Player

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:47 am

See the discussion in viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15959&p=47204
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby Phylanx » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:31 am

Thank you for your answer, Marshall.
Didn't find that forum thread before.

As I see, the linked discussion only suggests downloading the "pepper flash plugin" from adobe (which I think is our used "pepflashplayer32.dll") and use the "enable-system-flash command-line flag" (which is the "enable-system-flash").
Otherwise it only tells about different flash deprecation schedules.

For example that Chromium/CEF versions beginning with 88 will disallow flash to be executed or windows will automatically uninstall flash plugin software on windows machines.
And there might be a timebomb in the existing flash binaries which simply won't execute beginning with 2021.

Is that correct so far?

I'll try out the "enable-system-flash" parameter and analyze more deeply in the materia.

Also another attempt:
We are also building our libcef.dll version 4147 ourselves.
Is there an easy way to implement it there?

I couldn't find the "profile.default_content_setting_values.plugins" preference there (only "profile.default_content_setting_values.fullscreen" and "profile.default_content_setting_values.mouselock" from the "content_settings_default_provider.cc").
Phylanx
Expert

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:45 am

The “--enable-system-flash” command will load Flash from the Adobe install location. I’m not sure what content settings, if any, are required in 4147 to change the default plugin blocking behavior.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby Phylanx » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:49 am

ok, thanks again for your answer.

We'll try to get an organizational solution, maybe we can convince customers/the other departments,... to faster upgrade to non flash content.
Phylanx
Expert

Return to JCEF Forum