Bounties for solving issues?

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

Bounties for solving issues?

Postby JohnnyTheHun » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:11 am

I think the CEF project is fantastic. We are using java-cef and we are very happy with it.

With the update about a year ago some functionality of our solution broke and to fix it would require some small JNI and CPP and git experience which we sadly don't have. All it would need is some bindings in java-cef for existing functionality in CEF. We would be happy to pay a bounty to anyone willing to help solve this issue. And also put it into the main branch so others could use it too.

Is this something you have been considering or is it prohibited? Is there anyone interested?

John
JohnnyTheHun
Techie

Re: Bounties for solving issues?

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:25 am

It might help if you listed the missing functionality that you’re seeking.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby JohnnyTheHun » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:41 pm

I need separate request contexts for every Browser I create.
And I want to access the cookies each request context uses.
To my best knowledge separate request contexts have separate cookie managers.
But I currently cannot access the cookie manager a request context uses.

I found CEF API has a getCookieManager for the CefRequesContext:
https://magpcss.org/ceforum/apidocs3/projects/(default)/CefRequestContext.html#GetCookieManager(CefRefPtr%3CCefCompletionCallback%3E)

But java-cef doesn't have this binding yet. I know implementing this would take a few hours even for lame java developers like me, but I just can't find the time and would rather pay for someone who pushes out JNI code easily.
JohnnyTheHun
Techie

Postby JohnnyTheHun » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:11 am

I started implementing this specific function but have run into issues and need help. I will create a new thread since it is about a specific JNI problem and not bounties.
JohnnyTheHun
Techie

Return to JCEF Forum