Linking a new CEF build to JCEF

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

Re: Linking a new CEF build to JCEF

Postby KatrinaS » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:18 pm

Oh dear, sowry :oops: :cry:

At least VS has the right bits, and I think I can trim some extra fat from it :D
KatrinaS
Mentor

Postby KatrinaS » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:04 pm

If this is all just boiling down to doing what I was already doing but adding another (probably a single) argument to something somewhere I'll scream my house down. :lol:
KatrinaS
Mentor

Postby KatrinaS » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:45 pm

What you thought I was dead? ;) :lol: Nah, this memory's arriving in the morning and then I'll get my head around this obnoxious ghastly great build system. :D
---
Update

So I went back to basics and after playing with --branch for a while I ended up deleting the whole thing, it was complaining about stuff about which I know nothing / not obeying my authority :roll: :D and so I started afresh, and but I have absolutely no problem creating 'head' and 'branch' distributions that VS/JCEF is happy with (helper and dll compiled fine) so that's cool :)

Whilst I still haven't got a total clue what the gaffer is on about with AutomatedBuildSetup thing erm but throwing random arguments from the automated build page at the build system helped me discover that it needs to go in / cd to the 'c:\code\automate folder', well I think, it at least did (broken) stuff from there :lol: I think the trick to getting what output I expect out of it is going to come from examining the 'automate-git.py' file for its arguments and where they're going,, well it's worth a go at least ;) :D

Anyway end of my TedX talk xxx
KatrinaS
Mentor

Postby KatrinaS » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:43 am

So I've been throwing at automate:

Code: Select all
cd c:\code\automate
python3 automate-git.py --download-dir=c:\code\chromium_git --branch=6167 --depot-tools-dir=c:\code\depot_tools --minimal-distrib --client-distrib --x64-build --force-clean

Things seem to be going well, until I think the end, and then all I keep getting is :
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (223.67 KiB) Viewed 855 times

It takes a fair while to get to this point, I'd rather it didn't do the Debug bit but possibly this is required to get the output I'd actually like and I'm happy with just getting to the end at the moe. Where is this /pdbpagesize and how do I change it, or is this just because my whole starting point command (above) is just a load of nonsense? :?

I tried it with and without --with-pgo-profiles and get the same result.

Here's the output I'd like to achieve (but not necessarily as an archive) :
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg (162.16 KiB) Viewed 855 times

The (pre) current probs with the output where that something(s) weren't getting linked / merged into a number of (most?) files, the sizes were wrong. I'm basically using JCEF as a fancy HTML GUI, I don't use its Dialogs etc, the parts with red lines through I know I can do without, anything else I can probably do without from the above? :)

So that's what I've been up to :D
KatrinaS
Mentor

Postby magreenblatt » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:38 pm

What GN_DEFINES are you using now? I haven’t seen that PDB error with x64 builds.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby KatrinaS » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:10 pm

Err, none, should I :oops:, I was just pasting it at the command line and didn't think they'd work, should I put like :

set GN_DEFINES=is_official_build=true
set GYP_MSVS_VERSION=2022
#set CEF_ARCHIVE_FORMAT=tar.bz2 (optional?)
python3 automate-git.py --download-dir=c:\code\chromium_git --branch=6167 --depot-tools-dir=c:\code\depot_tools --minimal-distrib --client-distrib --x64-build --force-clean

In a bat file. Is this 'set' thing a python script or some system variable, I thought it was kinda just going into the ether / gonna cause 'set is an unknown blah ...' thing :)

It's okay I crank it up and see what it says,, see ya in about 3.5 hours :D

It 'seems' to work but when I :
cd C:\Code\chromium_git\chromium\src\cef\tools
make_distrib.bat --ninja-build --no-archive --x64-build --no-symbols --no-docs

It does :
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (325.25 KiB) Viewed 833 times

But I didn't notice the 'seeming' to complete okay do a 'ninja', should I then do:
cd c:\code\chromium_git\chromium\src
autoninja -C out\Debug_GN_x64 cef

Or somethin' :) I thought that okay done was a bit too quick :D
It okay,, I'll do it anyway, what's the worst that can happen... It's doing it...
KatrinaS
Mentor

Postby KatrinaS » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:30 pm

Right I did :
cd c:\code\automate

Then from a .bat :
set GN_DEFINES=is_official_build=true
set GYP_MSVS_VERSION=2022

And then :
cd c:\code\chromium_git\chromium\src

autoninja -C out\Release_GN_x64 cef

And then :
cd c:\code\chromium_git\chromium\src\cef\tools

make_distrib.bat --ninja-build --no-archive --x64-build --no-symbols --no-docs

And ended up with :
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (265.5 KiB) Viewed 817 times

And after a load of further stuff,, ended with returned non-zero exit status 1 :? But obvs it's at least somewhat better :D Is a 'out\Debug_GN_x64 cef' necessary can it be 'out\Release_GN_x64 cef'? If it's not necessary how do I make the the first automate bit work to make a '...Release_GN_...' instead? :)

(Via The G oracle on lib.exe 1107) at least add :
--no-debug-build --no-debug-tests --no-release-tests

To the automate bit? Also this mystery item 'use_thin_lto=false'? :D
---
Right I adding the 3 + 1 new args and seeing what happens... Added '--no-debug-build --no-debug-tests --no-release-tests --with-pgo-profiles'...
Untitled3.jpg
Untitled3.jpg (156.03 KiB) Viewed 786 times

Untitled4.jpg
Untitled4.jpg (200.91 KiB) Viewed 786 times

And repeats the
solutions = [
  {
    "name": "src",
    # ...
    "custom_vars": {
      "checkout_pgo_profiles": True,
    },
  },
],

bit,, I thinks 1 or more new args are bull / obsolete :? F*ck knows :D

Don't worry when I finally get the commands in order I'll clean up / delete / distill this entire post in to a new one that's just 'bing bang bong,, job done' :)
KatrinaS
Mentor

Postby KatrinaS » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:09 am

I'll be back on the case soon,, just refactoring something,, I wish I'd never started :lol:
KatrinaS
Mentor

Previous

Return to JCEF Forum