Linking a new CEF build to JCEF

Having problems with building or using the JCEF Java binding? Ask your questions here.

Re: Linking a new CEF build to JCEF

Postby KatrinaS » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:08 pm

Ahhhhh :D I've built the thing with no probs and now I get 'python.bat is not recognized as an ...' wtf :roll: :lol:, checked the PATH and 'depot_tools' is on it, but no 'python.bat' only 'python3/2.bat' in depot_tools. There not a python.bat in the whole c:\Code folder tree / struc, maybe it's because I pushed the boat out and installed Python 3.10.0 (since more recent cause probs) :) More recent is modernerer and betterer :D

Did :
cd C:\Code\chromium_git\chromium\src\cef\tools
make_distrib.bat --ninja-build --no-archive --x64-build

I don't think it needs '--ninja....,, scratch that,, rather I think tomorrow I need to :

Uninstall Python 3.10 and go back to 3.9
Update depot_tools
But not going through downloading all that git gubbins and stuffs again, I'll stick with what's here as it's all compiled but just not like what expected (merged / dll joined n stuff)

make_distrib.bat --ninja-build --no-archive --x64-build --allow-partial --no-symbols --no-docs --minimal --client

And see what happens then...

Feel like I'm close, real close, wonder if I rename python3.bat,, here goes :P :D Screen full of text,, that *seems...* still dunno where it went though :lol: Ah yeh, numerous (but not a tonne) doesn't know such and such, all ending with a missing Debug_GN_x64 chrome_elf.dll cherry on the top, so guess that's a nope :)
Last edited by KatrinaS on Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KatrinaS
Mentor

Postby magreenblatt » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:03 pm

The scripts should work fine with python3. You do need ‘--ninja-build’. Add ‘--allow-partial’ if you only created a Release (or Debug) build.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby KatrinaS » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:26 pm

Yeh I edited my dribble, I'll give it another go, and an extra touch roll back the Python, there still no 'python.bat' in the 'depot_tools' or anywhere to be found tho :)
KatrinaS
Mentor

Postby magreenblatt » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:36 pm

KatrinaS wrote:Yeh I edited my dribble, I'll give it another go, and an extra touch roll back the Python, there still no 'python.bat' in the 'depot_tools' or anywhere to be found tho :)

Where do you see a reference to python.bat?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby KatrinaS » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:41 pm

When I run 'make_distrib.bat' at the command prompt rather than from the (stupid) .bat idea, the few lines inside are :

Code: Select all
@echo off
python.bat %~dp0\make_distrib.py --output-dir %~dp0\..\binary_distrib\ %*

It kinda works'ish if I rename 'python3.bat' to it :) It late here but I just gonna give this new command line a go before bed :D
KatrinaS
Mentor

Postby magreenblatt » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:49 pm

Ah, this changed recently in depot_tools. Those scripts will need to be updated to python3.bat
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby KatrinaS » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:05 pm

Oh right, I thought I was going mental :lol:

And after removing the '--minimal' from the command line I believe I now have a freshly minted 121 master branch, all the usual files as expected, I think at least, one folder it like the client distro like off the download page and another I guess a lot like what gets downloaded via JCEF CMakeLists.txt in VS, yay! :lol:

Still unsure if there's supposed to be the two folders as tbh they could have been created earlier,, but the locales folder times is from around the time I pushed the button so there must be two created :)
KatrinaS
Mentor

Postby magreenblatt » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:17 pm

Congrats :)
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby KatrinaS » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:32 pm

I think I gonna maul xslt / xpath 3.0 into it in due course as I think that might be more useful to me in the longer term as I was missing some features from xslt 2/3 recently, so yeah its good :D
KatrinaS
Mentor

Postby KatrinaS » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:19 am

Yeah it compiles JCEF but you (may) only actually need to use (I've put this back in to a .bat now for a one click solution,, I guess if I was feeling masochistic I'd also add the (described) automate 'update.bat' file) :

Code: Select all
./make_distrib.bat --ninja-build --no-archive --x64-build --allow-partial --no-symbols --no-docs

I made a copy of 'C:\Code\depot_tools\python3.bat' and just renamed it 'python.bat' :)

And this produces, eg :

C:\Code\chromium_git\chromium\src\cef\binary_distrib\cef_binary_121.0.0-master.2891+g9fd312c+chromium-121.0.6167.0_windows64

And like the gaffer says, drop this new folder in to JCEF's 'third_party\cef' folder and update JCEF's 'CMakeLists.txt' at '# Specify the CEF distribution version.' and it's job done, good :D

Dropped the output of the whole ensemble in to my App,,, and rather than bing I get 'nothing' not even a console error clue :lol: I suspect why,, old 'chrome_100_percent.pak, chrome_200_percent.pak, resources.pak' files, so lets drop some from Automated Builds in there :)

Nope. Hmm :? But the JCEF bits work with the Automated Builds copy of similar, just not mine,, the Ah well no wozzers everything reversible :)
KatrinaS
Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to JCEF Forum