CEF 93.1.4 OnProcessReceived not called

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

CEF 93.1.4 OnProcessReceived not called

Postby ShadowXX » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:21 am

Hi,

i have some troubles to catch OnProcessReceived in the renderer of the 93.1.4 Build. We previously used build 89.0.15, and there was no roblem catching it. But after the upgrade (and nessacary code changes because of it) browser->GetMainFrame()->SendProcessMessage (send from UI Thread) is no longer received in OnProcessMessageReceived.

I have tested it with the CefClient Demo App, and there is the same problem:
Just insert a SendProcessMessage(CefProcessId::PID_RENDERER....) in e.g. code of the GetSource Menu-Sample and you can see that it is not catched in any OnProcessReceived of the project.
Code: Select all
case ID_TESTS_GETSOURCE:
{
       browser->GetMainFrame()->SendProcessMessage(PID_RENDERER, CefProcessMessage::Create("Test"));
       //RunGetSourceTest(browser);
}

(it's in test_runner.cc)

In the CefTest-App on the other hand, it works.....but i can't make out any major differences beetween the setup of the CefClient App & the CefTest App.
ShadowXX

Re: CEF 93.1.4 OnProcessReceived not called

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:26 am

What OS? Are you passing the CefApp instance that implements GetRenderProcessHandler and OnProcessMessageReceived to CefExecuteProcess?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: CEF 93.1.4 OnProcessReceived not called

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:05 pm

Also check debug.log. If messages are being dropped it should be logged.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum