Angular Developer Tools Extension

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Angular Developer Tools Extension

Postby Satrajit » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:30 pm

Hi,

Currently we are on CEF 103.
We are using a cef app with Angular UI. For the debugging purpose we wanted to add the Angular Dev Tools extension.
Angular Dev Tools Overview - https://angular.io/guide/devtools
Extension Link for Chrome - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... kekamfmbnh

On loading the "chrome://extensions-support" in our CEF app got the list of supported chrome APIs

Code: Select all
alarms
alarms.create
alarms.get
alarms.getAll
alarms.clear
alarms.clearAll
contentSettings
contentSettings.clear
contentSettings.get
contentSettings.set
contentSettings.getResourceIdentifiers

storage
storage.get
storage.set
storage.remove
storage.clear
storage.getBytesInUse

tabs
tabs.get
tabs.create
tabs.update
tabs.executeScript
tabs.insertCSS
tabs.removeCSS
tabs.setZoom
tabs.getZoom
tabs.setZoomSettings
tabs.getZoomSettings

Out of which some of the chrome APIs being used in the extension are missing in the list.
Does it mean that we won't able to use the Angular Devtools extension in our CEF app ?

Also we can't use the chrome runtime where almost full support is there as we need OSR.

Please let me know if my understanding is correct or not.
Satrajit
Mentor

Re: Angular Developer Tools Extension

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:58 pm

Aa you noted, full extension support is only available with the Chrome runtime.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby ndesktop » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:28 pm

Maybe I tested wrong; launched cefclient (5514 branch on Win10 x64) with --enable-chrome-runtime and --load-extensions=<path to locally extracted crx>
The extension (Saferpass) did not appear in the UI (but did when launched chrome://extensions, but only in this new window), a lot of errors occurs, in the developer tools APIs do not look to be available etc. Is it something I am doing wrong?
ndesktop
Master

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:36 pm

Build cefsimple from the “Standard Distribution” and test that with “--enable-chrome-runtime” using branch 5563 or newer. That will show the standard Chrome UI.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby ndesktop » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:13 am

Indeed, cefsimple 5563 with the same command line (as well as cefclient) appears to work correctly. Thanks !
ndesktop
Master

Postby Satrajit » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:40 am

I could load the Angular Devtools extensions using the chrome runtime on cefclient.exe
But after that could not open the Developer tools from settings to use the extension. Somehow it seems to be blocked.

@ndesktop @magreenblatt do I need to set any flag or add commandline args to enable using the chrome Devtools ?
Satrajit
Mentor

Postby ndesktop » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:47 am

Sometimes I noticed --lang=xx-YY is necessary. But I have a heavily modified CEF, maybe I am wrong.
ndesktop
Master

Postby Satrajit » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:21 am

This is repro for me with the vanila cefclient that gets created with 5060 branch.

Code: Select all
cefclient.exe --enable-chrome-runtime --cache-path=C:\Users\satrajitd\AppData\Local\CEF\cache\local --lang=en_US

update: Developer tools open in alloy runtime. Only facing this issue when using the chrome runtime.
Satrajit
Mentor

Postby magreenblatt » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:51 am

Satrajit wrote:Developer tools open in alloy runtime. Only facing this issue when using the chrome runtime.

This may be https://github.com/chromiumembedded/cef/issues/3421 which is fixed in 5481 and newer.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum