GitHub Actions builds

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

GitHub Actions builds

Postby callum » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:06 am

I am experimenting with building CEF (113) for Windows and macOS using Github Actions provided runners.

After removing the debug build altogether along with the debug and release tests, the Windows ones successfully complete in a little under the 6 hour maximum. The macOS one does not though - gets around 75% of the way through compiling the 56K source files and is terminated at the 6 hour mark.

Are there any other options I could experiment with that might speed up the macOS build?
callum
Expert

Re: GitHub Actions builds

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:55 am

Building on ARM64 hardware (even cross-compile to Intel) can be faster than building on Intel hardware, if that’s an option for you.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: GitHub Actions builds

Postby callum » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:06 pm

Building on ARM64 hardware (even cross-compile to Intel) can be faster than building on Intel hardware, if that’s an option for you.

Something I have asked about and told that support for Apple Silicon Macs is "coming soon" but no time frame yet.

My local M2 Pro Mac Mini can build it in substantially less than 6 hours so I'm hopeful that will eventually be an option but for now it sounds like the only option is to continue to use external runners for macOS builds.
callum
Expert

Return to Support Forum