Help building CEF x64

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Help building CEF x64

Postby NateAtReach » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:48 am

I am attempting to build CEF from source and running into an error during build. Here are the steps I used.

Install VS 2022
Added .NET desktop development and Desktop development with C++ workloads
Added Windows 10 SDK 10.0.22621.0
Added components using the following command:

Code: Select all
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer>vs_installershell.exe update --add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.NativeDesktop --add Microsoft.VisualStudio.Component.VC.ATLMFC --includeRecommended --installPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community"

Downloaded depot_tools from https://storage.googleapis.com/chrome-i ... _tools.zip
Extract depot_tools to C:\code\depot_tools
Add depot_tools to system PATH
Downloaded automate-git.py from https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... ate-git.py to c:\code\automate\automate-git.py
Created file c:\code\chromium_git\create.bat with contents:

Code: Select all
set GN_DEFINES=is_official_build=true proprietary_codecs=true ffmpeg_branding=Chrome
set GN_ARGUMENTS=--ide=vs2022 --sln=cef --filters=//cef/*
set CEF_ARCHIVE_FORMAT=tar.bz2
python3 ..\automate\automate-git.py --download-dir=c:\code\chromium_git --depot-tools-dir=c:\code\depot_tools --branch=6312 --minimal-distrib --client-distrib --force-clean --x64-build --with-pgo-profiles

Ran create.bat file

It eventually errors out with the following error message (screenshot attached):

"The procedure entry point __CxxFrameHandler4 could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\code\chromium_git\src\out\Debug_GN_x64\dbghelp.dll."

This error only occurs on x64 build, not on the x86 build. The x86 build completes just fine.

I have tried perhaps a dozen different permutations including different flags, different branches, invoking ninja manually, etc. all to no avail.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (68.38 KiB) Viewed 234 times
NateAtReach

Re: Help building CEF x64

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:53 am

If you google the error message “The procedure entry point __CxxFrameHandler4 could not be located” you’ll find a few suggestions (like installing VS2019 runtime).
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Help building CEF x64

Postby NateAtReach » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:03 pm

I verified that VC re-dist 2019 was installed. Rather than mess with it further, I spun up a new VM and started from scratch. My 64-bit build on the new VM is past the point where I was experiencing this error.
NateAtReach

Return to Support Forum