Package distribution on Linux

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Package distribution on Linux

Postby posophe » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:39 am

Hello everybody !

I am a Linux packager for opensuse and try to package a cef binarie first for opensuse, and next need to discuss with distros developpers to include it on major distribution.
When I launch gyp -f make cef.gyp I get an error message from svn 'not a working copy'. The problem is that I need to manually define a revision for cef because I can't include svn hidden files or let an automatic script to make everything, and I can't used svn into a build process. The question is: How can I bypass this error ?

Thanks for your answers.
Regards

Benjamin
posophe

Re: Package distribution on Linux

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:12 am

The cef_create_projects.sh script is normally used for this purpose. Are you having a problem using that script?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby posophe » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:31 am

Yes I have because the script can't establish the revision because the .svn files have been removed. In fact I thinked more as a sed -e "revision" on the line revision': of cef.gyp, but I don't know how to use it but if somebody has an idea of command it will be great
posophe

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:47 am

If you're trying to build libcef then you should follow the build instructions at http://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedd ... ndBuilding which requires a valid SVN checkout. You can then create a binary distribution using make_distrib.sh which has no SVN dependencies. I believe the binary distribution is what you would then want to package for your distro.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby posophe » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:15 pm

I know how to build cef. It is not the main problem. Do you know what is the output of python tools/revision.py ? It is only the revision or the version too ?
I can work on it if it is only that. The problem is the format: r(revision_number) ? Only (revision_number) ?
When I had download cef, I have verify the compatibility, download the chromium needed version and that for one good reason: in a build environment (OBS in that case), a software can't use internet. This is the reason I can't call svn for it verify the revision. How to disable this step, if you prefer ?
posophe

Postby posophe » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:18 pm

PS: I have read again your post and see my error. cefclient is not really important for a distribution. Do you mean I can build libcef only ?
posophe

Postby magreenblatt » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:22 pm

posophe wrote:I know how to build cef. It is not the main problem. Do you know what is the output of python tools/revision.py ? It is only the revision or the version too ?

Just the revision (e.g. "980"). This is used as part of the version number.

posophe wrote:PS: I have read again your post and see my error. cefclient is not really important for a distribution. Do you mean I can build libcef only ?

Yes, you can build just libcef by specifying that as your build target. But libcef still includes version information.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby posophe » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:50 pm

Thanks you. You have really help me. I will make modifications on the specfile. Later I will need some informations for subpackages names, external scripts... I will ask all I need on this topic.

Again, thanks you.
Regards.
Benjamin
posophe

Postby posophe » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:13 am

Finally I come back to you with about the same problem. During the build process, at the first step I have this output ( sorry I don't speak the python) :
File "cef.gyp", line 12
Code: Select all
[  175s]     'version_mac_dylib':
[  175s]                        ^
[  175s] SyntaxError: invalid syntax

As you know, for define the revision I use this command:
for i in cef.gyp; do
      sed -i "s|'<!(python tools/revision.py)',|'%{_rev}'|g" $i
done

But I assume that:
'revision': '<!(python tools/revision.py)',
    # Need to be creative to match dylib version formatting requirements.
    'version_mac_dylib':
        '<!(python ../chrome/tools/build/version.py -f VERSION -f ../chrome/VERSION -t "@CEF_MAJOR@<(revision).@BUILD_HI@.@BUILD_LO@" -e "BUILD_HI=int(BUILD)/256" -e "BUILD_LO=int(BUILD)%256")',

is one command and need to be set too. What is the normal output with chromiumembedded-3.1271.844 and chromium-23.0.1271.18.tar.bz2 ?
'revision': '844',
    # Need to be creative to match dylib version formatting requirements.
    'version_mac_dylib':
        'x.y',
? Or on one line only ?

Next, I think I will follow your advices about libcef to build only this one but for instance it is only to successfully build cef that interest me. Perhaps more later...

Regards.
Posophe
posophe

Postby posophe » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:04 pm

I have fix the previous error it was a typo mistake. But now I get this one:
NameError: name 'os_posix' is not defined while evaluating condition 'os_posix==1 and OS!="mac" and OS!="android" and gcc_version>=46' in cef.gyp while trying to load cef.gyp

I have search when this one appears and why, but I have not found any respond.
How can I fix it and why dos it appear ?

Regards.
Posophe
posophe

Next

Return to Support Forum