Windows touch scroll acting as mouse click event

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Windows touch scroll acting as mouse click event

Postby stmcpherson » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi,

I have a project I have derived from the CEF 3 -cefclient. In cefclient when I load Google.com and touch the screen with a scroll it behaves correctly. The app recognizes that it is not a mouse-down + select. In my derived project... i am getting a mouse-down + select. This is breaking my app for touch on win7 and win8

I have dug through the cefclient project and checked almost line for line and cannot find any difference in how I'm setting up the windows and starting the app.

Does anyone have specific knowledge of how the cefclient (3) is doing this successfully and what I may be missing?

Thanks,
stmcpherson
Techie

Re: Windows touch scroll acting as mouse click event

Postby ryanmolden » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:00 pm

I don't have a touch device to test on, so this is purely speculation :) Looking at the Chromium source there is a call to RegisterTouchWindow (which afaik is required to get touch messages on Win32).

http://src.chromium.org/svn/branches/11 ... iew_win.cc

Specifically in RenderWidgetHostViewWin::SetToTouchMode. It seems to be based on a command line flag (kEnableTouchEvents) that I don't see replicated in CEFClient, at least not the version I have (which isn't trunk, so maybe you have newer bits).

I think the 'simplest' solution would be to set a breakpoint on user32's RegisterTouchWindow in your debugger and look at the callstack in cefclient when it is hit, and works backwards from there to figure out why that path is hit in cefclient and not your derived app.

Ryan
ryanmolden
Techie

Return to Support Forum