Separate Xcode Project For CEF Binary and Sample Client App?

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Separate Xcode Project For CEF Binary and Sample Client App?

Postby JosephOfNazareth » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:10 am

I'm working on a Mac CEF client app project built from the CEF sample client app code base. RIght now that app code and build is organized and done so in similar fashion as the default CEF client app that is part of the CEF suite.

In an effort to simply integration of future CEF revisions, it'd be nice to separate out that client app code base and build into its own isolated folder and Xcode project file. One would think this is how a sample app's code would be organized and built in the first place, but it's not. Perhaps there's a technical reason why?

Breaking out build targets from an Xcode project file into a separate Xcode project file is typically a straight forward process, but this Mac CEF project, with its suite of helper apps and intricate build system and related scripts, does not appear to be so typical. Before I venture down this potentially timely and perhaps impossible path, I thought I'd ask the forum for any insight into the feasibility and steps involved for this task.

Thanks.
JosephOfNazareth
Techie

Re: Separate Xcode Project For CEF Binary and Sample Client

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:38 am

magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Separate Xcode Project For CEF Binary and Sample Client

Postby JosephOfNazareth » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:42 pm

Thanks. I attest the organization for CEF3 on OS-X is complicated. ;) I see the Qt developer bailed on his efforts though.

How stable is this project organization and build system? Does it get updated often? Is it better to use the current build system in place, or to build my own? In a nutshell, with you being a seasoned Mac CEF developer and contributor, how would you proceed with future CEF binary updates to your Mac CEF client?
JosephOfNazareth
Techie

Return to Support Forum