Everything freezes when interacting with webView

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Everything freezes when interacting with webView

Postby jacob1484 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:05 pm

I am using CefSharp in a winform application with a webView that seems to working normally... until I load this one particular page. After the document is finished loading, any attempt to interact with the container or right click in the content causes everything to freeze up. I can, however, interact with the content, click combo boxes etc. I can ctrl + alt + delete (Print Screen seems to work too) and it frees up the ui until I try to interact with the form again, except the red [X] in the corner, I can close the form after everything is freed up.

I also tried the same page in the cefclient example app with the same result.

Any ideas?
jacob1484

Re: Everything freezes when interacting with webView

Postby magreenblatt » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:50 pm

What version of CEF are you using? If you're using CEF1 it could be badly behaved JS code, animations or plugins blocking the application. Can you provide the URL?
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby jacob1484 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:42 am

magreenblatt wrote:What version of CEF are you using? If you're using CEF1 it could be badly behaved JS code, animations or plugins blocking the application. Can you provide the URL?

Looks like the libcef.dll version in CefSharp is 1.1084.728.
The Url isn't public and I can't share it; NDA s and all that. It does appear to be using a lot of javascript though, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the problem.
jacob1484

Postby jacob1484 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:56 am

I just tried it out in the cefclient example app using the 3.* version on libcef and the problem doesnt exist with that version. Now if I can get CefSharp to build with CEF 3 or find another way to use CEF 3 with a .Net app I'll be good to go.
jacob1484

Return to Support Forum