CEF3: Browser processes

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

CEF3: Browser processes

Postby Czarek » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:46 am

Hi,

I read on wiki page about processes:
http://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedd ... iderations

Browser process - This process is the same as the client application process that calls CefInitialize().

Does this mean that there can only be one Browser process? Or may I call CreateBrowser() from two
different processes? But CefInitialize() should only be called once?

Does CEF create more Browser processes internally when there is need for that? Or this must be
an explicit task that application does?
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Re: CEF3: Browser processes

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:01 pm

There is only one browser process. It handles common tasks (networking, UI, etc) and controls the life span for one or more other processes. Initializing a separate browser process would be equivalent to running another instance of your application. Separate browser processes cannot share the same user data directory.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: CEF3: Browser processes

Postby Czarek » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:48 pm

magreenblatt wrote:There is only one browser process. It handles common tasks (networking, UI, etc) and controls the life span for one or more other processes. Initializing a separate browser process would be equivalent to running another instance of your application. Separate browser processes cannot share the same user data directory.

I am launching browsers in tabs, let's say that one of the browsers crashed, does that mean
that browsers in all tabs will crash as they must run in the same process?
Maintainer of the CEF Python, PHP Desktop and CEF C API projects. My LinkedIn.
Czarek
Virtuoso

Return to Support Forum