CEF3 got Red square for Radio and Checkbox input object

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

CEF3 got Red square for Radio and Checkbox input object

Postby georgechen » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi there,
I am developing a browser based on CEF3 R746 on Ubuntu 12.10.
This issue bothers me since I start the project, just recently I want to solve it.

Here is the problem, when I browse to a web page that has "Radio" or "Checkbox" input such as http://www.facebook.com
I always got a "Red square image" instead of the real "Radio" or "Checkbox" image.
Following is the log message when I put mouse cursor on top of the "Red square image" (which suppose to be "Radio" or "Checkbox" )
Code: Select all
[0118/145448:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(304)] Unable to load image with id 24155
[0118/145448:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(304)] Unable to load image with id 24159
[0118/145448:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(304)] Unable to load image with id 24159

These log message is output from the source file "cefProject/src/ui/base/resource/resource_bundle.cc" of function GetImageNamed()
Code: Select all
gfx::Image& ResourceBundle::GetImageNamed(int resource_id) {
  // Check to see if the image is already in the cache.
 //.... skip some code here
if (image_skia.empty()) {
      LOG(WARNING) << "Unable to load image with id " << resource_id;
      NOTREACHED();  // Want to assert in debug mode.
      // The load failed to retrieve the image; show a debugging red square.
      return GetEmptyImage();
 }
//.... skip some code here

Is there any way that can modify from the source code to make "Radio" and "Checkbox" input object rendered properly ?
Any suggestion will be very appreciated .
georgechen
Mentor

Re: CEF3 got Red square for Radio and Checkbox input object

Postby magreenblatt » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:32 pm

Checkboxes work fine for me on Ubuntu 12. Probably your application is failing to load the cef.pak file. By default it should be in the same directory as libcef.so. Pack file loading can be disabled completely using CefSettings.pack_loading_disabled. The directory path can be customized using CefSettings.resources_dir_path.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum