CEF3: Required files for deployment

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

CEF3: Required files for deployment

Postby dreijer » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:21 pm

I'm shipping CEF3 with OSR support to Evolve's beta channel in the near future. Looking at the binary distribution, I'm wondering which files are required and which are optional (and what they're used for).
dreijer
Expert

Re: CEF3: Required files for deployment

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:33 pm

See the README.txt file.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby dreijer » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:44 pm

I already did, but I'm not clear if I should leave the DirectX and OpenGL files out altogether if I'm using OSR (since as far as I understand, OSR currently isn't accelerated).

What are "WebKit UI controls"? The Javascript debugger, for instance?
dreijer
Expert

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:28 pm

You can leave out "Angle and Direct3D support" if you're only using OSR. You should distribute the rest if you want everything to work as expected. If your application only uses a single locale you only need to distribute that file from the locales/ directory.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby dreijer » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:45 pm

Alright, I'll leave those out and include everything else.

The README refers to several FFmpeg files that no longer seem to be included in the binary distribution:
avcodec-54.dll
avformat-54.dll
avutil-51.dll

Instead, I'm seing this:
ffmpegsumo.dll

Does that include all the FFmpeg stuff that CEF3 uses? Does the README need to be updated? (For those using DirectX, it also looks like CEF3 now depends on _46 of DirectX rather than just _43? If that's the case, that should probably be mentioned in the README too.)
dreijer
Expert

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:21 am

dreijer wrote:Does that include all the FFmpeg stuff that CEF3 uses? Does the README need to be updated?

What README.txt are you looking at? The current 1364 release does not mention av* DLLs.

dreijer wrote:(For those using DirectX, it also looks like CEF3 now depends on _46 of DirectX rather than just _43? If that's the case, that should probably be mentioned in the README too.)

The D3DCompiler_46.dll requirement was added after the 1364 branch point. I'll update the README.txt file in trunk at some point in the near future to account for it (https://code.google.com/p/chromiumembed ... ail?id=913)
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby dreijer » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:35 am

magreenblatt wrote:
dreijer wrote:Does that include all the FFmpeg stuff that CEF3 uses? Does the README need to be updated?

What README.txt are you looking at? The current 1364 release does not mention av* DLLs.

Good question! I must've looked in the binary directory while I was still pulling down rev. 1138, so the README was stale. It's correctly mentioning ffmpegsumo.dll now. Sorry about that. :P
dreijer
Expert

Return to Support Forum