Issues with building the project on Windows

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Issues with building the project on Windows

Postby 98572024993213346 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:47 pm

Hello,

I have been strugling for a long time with a build system, and I cannot get the project to build.

The issues is that webcore_binding_sources seem to fail to build, because of Cygwin that's supplied in 3rd party folder. Therefore, all dependant projects are failing as well, when looking for EventInterfaces.h and other files.

Has anyone found a way to solve the issue?

I have found around 20 threads related to EventInterfaces, Cygwin and webcore_bindings_sources, but none of them had a solution to a problem.

The build environment is as specified in project wiki, W7, VS2010, CEF3 with Chromium revision that's required for build. The gclient sync --force was performed too.

One of the suspicions is that Cygwin needs rebasing, but it's not a full Cygwin install, therefore that doesn't seem to work.

If I just try to build the webcore_bindings_sources, I usually get errors or crashes.

Some people have the same problem, like:
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.or ... Zsa-MC2BT8

Re: Issues with building the project on Windows

Postby magreenblatt » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:58 am

What is the particular error that you're getting? Do you have a separate cygwin install on your system? If so, try uninstalling it and using the windows command prompt for running all commands.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Re: Issues with building the project on Windows

Postby 98572024993213346 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:56 pm

The error (when building just webcore_bindings_sources) is in a form:
2> mkdir -p `cygpath -u "*pathtosource*/src/build/Release/obj\global_intermediate\webkit\bindings"`
2> mkdir -p `cygpath -u "*pathtosource*/src/build/Release/obj\global_intermediate\webcore\bindings"`
2> HTMLNames, and also WebKitFontFamilyNames, and also SVGNames, and also MathMLNames, and also XLinkNames, and also XMLNSNames, and also XMLNames
2> 2 [main] perl *pidhere* child_copy: linked dll data write copy failed, 0xXXXXXX..0xXXXXXX, done 0, windows pid *pidhere*, Win32 error 487
2> Failed to read names from file: *pathtosource*/src/third_party/WebKit/Source/WebCore/html/HTMLTagNames.in at *pathtosource*\src\third_party\WebKit\Source\WebCore\dom\make_names.pl line 291.
2> Traceback (most recent call last):
2> File "scripts/action_makenames.py", line 185, in <module>
2> File "scripts/action_makenames.py", line 167, in main
2> AssertionError
2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): error MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 1.
2>
2>Build FAILED.

Here is another thread with people trying to solve the problem - https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.or ... ZJHGt4kaMJ, it lead me to believe that the issue is with Cygwin.

I will try to build via command line and maybe throgh different tools, but this might be tricky, as the project generates a lot of the commands on the fly, as far as I've noticed.

Also, Cygwin in third_party folder doesn't seem to have an ash or dash tools, and no setup, therefore I'm not sure if it can be patched.

Return to Support Forum