CEF3 - Transparent Window -

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

CEF3 - Transparent Window -

Postby hammonjj » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:21 pm

I'm working on a POC for a work project and I'm so close to getting everything I need out of CEF3, but I'm having issues creating a transparent window. From the Googling I've done, this seems to be something of a gremlin within this framework.

I'm attempting to get the cef simple application to load a web page and present the app with a transparent background. I've tried various themes on setting the "window_info.SetAsWindowless(nullptr, true)", but when I get to point where I create the browser, an exception is throw in "cef_browser_host_create_browser". So, does anyone know how to convert this specific example to a transparent window?

Window x64 - Branch 2526

Thank you SOOOOO much in advance! This whole project that brought me to CEF has been a major pain in the ass, but, so far, CEF is taking a lot of this pain away.
hammonjj

Re: CEF3 - Transparent Window -

Postby yosoymin » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:07 am

I've found a way this is possible using views framework and a simple modification in CEF code. This is working in Windows and Linux. More info in this thread: https://www.magpcss.org/ceforum/viewtop ... =8&t=17421
yosoymin
Techie

Return to Support Forum