Reducing libcef size

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Reducing libcef size

Postby nXman » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:36 am

I've been modifying libcef.so target in cef.gyp to make it smaller. The hole process was:
1. Removing one of the dependencies of libcef from cef.gyp.
2. Generating new libcef.ninja and building.
3. In many cases there were compile errors.
4. Modifying source code (commenting some lines and changing a little code) to solve compile errors.
5. Then checking if cefclient application still works properly, maybe does not open pdf but renders html properly and navigates through pages.
The problem is that, after deleting some dependencies, there were no compile errors and they were still included in libcef.ninja and the size of libcef.so was not smaller. As I found out, the reason of it was that, these chromium targets have dependencies on each other.For example, lets say libcef has dependency on A and B targets. A has dependency on C, C on D, D on B. There would be chain A->C->D->B. When I remove B from libcef dependencies, it is still included, because A's chain contains it.
Please tell me if my opinion is right and if it's right, is there any other way of disabling some Chromium targets from libcef?
nXman
Techie

Return to Support Forum