CEF3 and HTTPS without certificates

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

CEF3 and HTTPS without certificates

Postby mkoenig » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:36 am

Hello!

I am having trouble opening a HTTPS connection with no certificates on either end with CEF3. I know its a really bad idea anyway, but i need to get it to work. The browser just gets stuck with a waiting cursor.

CEF1 had OnSSLCertificateError(...) which aparently allowed anything. For other reasons i want to keep using CEF3. So far i was unable to find out how to get HTTPS to work with my setup. Is there anything like OnSSLCertificateError(...) in CEF3 and i am just not seeing it?

Thanks in advance
mkoenig

Re: CEF3 and HTTPS without certificates

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:43 am

It would probably be better to generate a self-signed certificate on your server instead of using no certificate. Using a self-signed certificate should currently work with CEF.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby fddima » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:10 am

magreenblatt wrote:It would probably be better to generate a self-signed certificate on your server instead of using no certificate. Using a self-signed certificate should currently work with CEF.

In other side SSL error can occurs in any time, for example self-signed certificate suddenly expired, and now CEF3 doesn't report any identificable error, as i understand rightly - that look as doesn't easy to debug/support. So if it will possible with CEF make something like in chromium error dialog with proceed / decline - it will be very cool (programmatically of course, may be someone exactly doesn't want proceed)...
fddima
Master

Postby magreenblatt » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:21 am

Sounds like http://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedd ... ail?id=345. I agree that this would be good functionality to have.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Postby mchSK » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:45 pm

hello,

i d like just to point out that page loading not trusted certificates just go into some kind of neverending loop and never loads.
this is reagarded to http://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedded/issues/detail?id=345 afaik. it s basics, please, set the priority on it if it is possible.
or is there a working solution to this? ......good work anyways ;)

regards,
marek
mchSK

Return to Support Forum