Can I modify a request in HandleBeforeBrowse?

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

Can I modify a request in HandleBeforeBrowse?

Postby emerick » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:27 pm

The documentation for HandleBeforeBrowse states "The client has an opportunity to modify the |request| object if desired." While this is technically true, it doesn't seem like changes that a client makes to the request propagate through to WebKit. For example, I'd like to modify the request's header map to include some custom HTTP headers. However, when I add my custom headers to the CefRequest and return RV_CONTINUE, it doesn't appear to have any effect on the request parameter that was passed to BrowserWebViewDelegate::decidePolicyForNavigation (the request parameter is const, actually).

Is the documentation incorrect, is there a bug in CEF, or am I just misunderstanding something here? Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Emerick
emerick
Expert

Re: Can I modify a request in HandleBeforeBrowse?

Postby magreenblatt » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:10 am

We should either patch WebKit/Chromium to support forwarding of this information (changes similar to http://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedd ... tail?id=42 perhaps) or update the documentation accordingly.
magreenblatt
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum