OnBeforePopup doesn't fire while the targetFrameName is same

Having problems with building or using CEF's C/C++ APIs? This forum is here to help. Please do not post bug reports or feature requests here.

OnBeforePopup doesn't fire while the targetFrameName is same

Postby salihcantekin » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:02 am

Hello,

I'm trying to develop a project in which the popup features will be used. My problem with the popup is when the targetFrameName property is the same with already opened one, the OnBeforePopup event doesn't fire.

Actually, It is same with the Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. Let me give an example.

There is a button in a web page. When the button, which open a new window with the targetFrameName which is "TEST", get clicked, it is supposed to open the same window.
When I click first, the event get fired and my popup window is opened with a targetFrameName "TEST". When I click at the second time, neither the event nor popup process works. This works even on Google Chrome itself but I need to change it. No matter how many times I click the same button, which open a new popup with the same targetFrameName, I want the event to get fired by Cef.

Technically, I could catch the process in the OnBeforePopup and block it, afterward I can execute my own "window.open" JavaScript code by changing the targetFrameName with something else. However, if the targetFrameName is used in a page somewhere, that would break the working process for the page. I want to avoid this process because of this.

Is there anything that I can do to do what I need to do.

Note: All the popup pages are maked as child by using "SetAsChild" method.

Thank you
salihcantekin

Return to Support Forum